As I was sitting on the bench next to my best friend Rose, she was all into "how much fun she had at the last night party, how she hooked up with this dude.." -which I may think it was a swager or a douche.. or a man whore..- alas, I wasn't even paying attention to her too much, I kept glaring at Bobbie.
Out of nowhere my friend got a text on her cell telling her to go somewhere.. probably.. some dude calling her out as usual.. I mean.. she has the looks, and she's adorable and all.. but sometimes.. she's just like her hair.. blonde.. I still wonder if it's her way to be "cool" and pretend like she's a dummy.. or not.
So as she left she wished us good luck and spoofed into the crowds.
Bobbie raised his head from his 90's game boy and looked at me with an innocent face. "Would you mind if we go somewhere else.. I dislike crowds, everybody keeps staring and it feels like they're watching in your soul." So I shake my head to agree with him and raised up from the bench. He took me in this place that looked like a forest, in a dark, shadowy place inside the park.
As I was laying down on the grass, being spooked out by the place, he asked me "You didn't tell me your name yet, Rose kept talking and talking.. and we didn't have the chance to have a proper conversation. "
I blushed due to my clumsyness and whispered like there were perverts out there that could hear my name.. "I'm Noire, but people call me Nana. Nice to meet you" and then I started looking down on the grass embarrassed.
He layed down on the grass next to me "A beautiful name you have, I am Bobbie. Nice to meet you Nana."
After his words there was this awkward silence around us as we were both embarrassed.. or at least I was..
"So Nana, do you like games?" as he tried putting a gently smile on his face.
"Yes, I am pretty much of a loner, so I keep myself busy either cooking, shopping with Rose mostly.. or playing games."
"Sounds fun, I'm a loner myself.. my best friends are in the virtual world.. I barely know anyone besides my mom in this real world and now you and Rose. "
As I heard those words I've thought.. "How is that possible? I mean.. I have the same problem.. If it wasn't for Rose now I would of been a sedentary, no lifer person myself.. I kind of understand him.. Wait did he just say his mom..? Where is his Dad.. ? Should I ask him? What if I upset him..?"
"Well yes, me and my mom moved here after my dad passed away.. so we're the two of us now facing the world."
I felt sad for hearing those words.. and I didn't know what to answer to comfort him.. having no father is bad.. well.. I barely meet my parents anyway.. "I'm so sorry to hear that Bobbie..." As I got a sad face on.
"It's alright Nana, you seem to be having problems in your life as well, and I don't think it's only about being a gamer. Oh well shit happens."
I started glaring at him with an amazed face.. "What does he knows about me.. he knows nothing. He can't just throw words like he can read me like a book.. can he..?"
In any case, as we stood there we started talking about hobbies and common games we play and so on. We didn't even realize how the time passed so fast.. it was already dark and you could see the beautiful stars up the sky. In a very one end, Bobbie yawned and stretched his arms so I realized he must be really tired so I raised up from the grass and told him it's late and that I have to go home now. He raised up as well from the grass and out of nowhere.. he hugged me. My face went all red but I couldn't escape.. so I hugged him back thinking that maybe that's how friends act.
"Would you mind if we play an online game after you arrive home? I would love having your company over there." as he got himself a big smile like a little kid on his face.
I nodded and told him that I can give him my number so we can talk and explain to me how to play that game and what to do over there. After exchanging our numbers he walked me home and spoofed in the dark, lonely streets.
Out of nowhere my heart started beating fast, and I was all blushing.. "What is happening to me? why am I acting like this..? He's just a boy I've met few hours ago.. I don't want to be like Rose..."
So I lightly slapped myself and went inside to take a shower. All this questions kept coming in my mind.. and I kept seeing him in front of me.. "Why am I like this after this guy.. All the guys Rose made up with ended with a break up due to their sex appetite.. I never felt like this before.."
As every night I went on the wooden stairs and started to look at the stars. Again.. If I would of draw lines with the stars.. I could make his face appear up my mind.. so I started blushing again. This was a bit awkward for me, so I got my hands together and closed my eyes , allowing the summer breeze make the trees talk and listen to them while thinking.. "Oh, falling star from last night, if this is your work.. please.. give me a sign.. " and so I fell asleep once again out there in my garden while thinking and watching the beautiful night flowers my mom did plant with me when I was younger.
No comments:
Post a Comment